Friday, November 8, 2013

Thankfulness Project: Day 8

But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round -- apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that -- as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on their journeys.  And therefore, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!
-Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol

After a fun dinner with dear friends we piled into vans and drove downtown to be greeted by crisp air and caroling.  As I walked the street bundled up and listened to the excitement that comes with child-like wonder, I just felt blessed. 

I breathed in the moment.

I am thankful for the holiday season.  I am thankful to live in a city that kicks it off with a four day festival.  I am thankful to stroll streets filled with history and modern society while listening to songs about Jesus.  I am thankful to have an awesome family and amazing friends and the time to spend with them during this season. 

It is officially the Christmas season here in Frankfort, and I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment