Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankfulness Project: Day 19

O death, where is your victory?  O death, where is your sting?
1 Corinthians 15:55
If I knew that I'd be losing my grandfather, I probably wouldn't have tackled a thankfulness project.  But I did, and I did feel thankful today.  Though it won't be easy to talk about.
When the man you've spent more time with in your life than any one else faces his death, you can't help but be filled with thankfulness for the One who already conquered death and the grave.
So that when death gave its all to defeat my Pop, it lost miserably.  In trying to destroy him, his life just got better.
Which makes me thankful -- today especially -- for Jesus.  There is so much to be thankful for about Jesus.  You can understand why I'm focusing today on  his making a way for all of us to live eternally with no pain and no sorrow. 
Thank You, Jesus, for all your many blessings.  Thank you for saving my Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment