Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankfulness Project: Day 11

Lord, bid war's trumpet cease; Fold the whole earth in peace.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Today I am thankful for a day off.  And so much more than that. 

But the nature of this holiday doesn't equate to the carefree celebration and observance that comes with some.  Today and every day I am thankful for those men and women who offer their lives in the fight for noble and right causes.  Whether their fights are organized and official or not.

Though those who died are most certainly worthy of honor too, I am glad today is to celebrate the living.  I am especially glad because I know and love some honorees of this day.  And my heart rejoices that their day isn't in May.

And tonight I dream of a day when war will be no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment