Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankfulness Project: Day 18

"Help" is a prayer that is always answered.  It doesn't matter how you pray -- with your head bowed in silence, or crying out in grief, or dancing.  Churches are good for prayer, but so are garages and cars and mountains and showers and dance floors.
-Anne Lamott

I'm feeling especially thankful for prayers these days.  Sometimes its easy to forget the amazing privilege of having a direct line to God. 

When I think of the weight of getting to talk to the creator of the universe I am overwhelmed.

How many kings let you call them directly?  How many kings come to you?  If you're like me, only one.  The greatest one.

And I'm thankful for answered prayers.  Those moments when God responds directly, immediately, compassionately, wonderfully.  A reflection of my impatience, I'm especially thankful for those prompt responses when they come.

But even if the answer comes slowly, or differently, or I end up missing it, I'm still thankful for prayer.  I'm still thankful for a God who cares enough to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment