Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankfulness Project: Day 3

A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
-An Irish Proverb

Tonight's forecast: Dark.  Continued dark tonight turning to partly light in the morning.
-George Carlin

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.
-W.C. Fields

It is only fitting at the end of Daylight Savings Time and on a day when I've just returned home exhausted after fourteen hours out that I express my deep, deep thankfulness for sleep.

I am thankful for rest.  And I am thankful for my comfortable bed in my hint-of-lavender scented room.  I am thankful for soft sheets and a feather pillow.  I am thankful for my blackout curtains and the pitch-black oasis they give me.  I'm thankful for a set of Friends DVDs to lull me quickly to sleep when my mind won't stop.  And I'm thankful for a soft island-inspired tone to wake me when I must end my rest each morning.

I am thankful for all the wonderful, peaceful hours of sleep I get each night and I'm thankful for days filled with things that are worth waking up for.

...and so to bed.
-Samuel Pepys

No comments:

Post a Comment