Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Weeks 4 & 5 Update

From www.love146.org blogger toolkit.
My idea of a safe home is where we nurse the bird's broken wing.  If we do well with our nursing, then the bird should be able to fly again and out of the safe home, and soar to the heights it was meant to reach.
- Dr. Gundlina Velazco, quoted in the Love146 blog post She Will Not Walk Alone*
*This linked blog post gives some graphic details of a rescued victim.

I am more than halfway finished with the fundraiser with more than 178 miles logged so far.  Four friends joined me in walking during week 4 when we visited them in Arizona.  I walked steps in two additional states, and at my favorite place on earth: Natural Bridge, KY. 

I am still at only 5% of my fundraising goal.  Please consider helping with these efforts.  I understand that many of my friends who are financially able to give already pour a lot of money into other worthwhile causes.  If you cannot make a monetary donation, please consider passing along my fundraising page.

---

This fundraiser benefits www.love146.org. You may donate at www.stayclassy.org/amyrosekarr . If you can't donate, you can still 'like' and share my page on Facebook and Twitter.

Learn more about modern-day slavery here.

Why 10,146 steps? In honor of the girl who wore number 146 .

No comments:

Post a Comment